|1.Completed Application Form DS-11: |
You need to complete form DS-11 Online. After answering all questions online, click CREATE FORM Button, then form
DS-11 will come up.
- After filling out and printing the form, do not sign this form until you are instructed to do so by the acceptance agent.
|3. Proof of Citizenship:|
Provide one of following:
- Child birth Certificate (Need help to get a birth certificate, please click here,
- Child naturalization papers
- Child's old passport.
|4. Proof of Relationship:|
Copy of one of the following:
- Official U.S Birth Certificate (with parents' names); or
- Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents' names & official translation); or
- FS-240 or DS-1350 (with parents' names); or
- Adoption Decree (with adopting parents' names); or
- Court Order Establishing Custody; or
- Court Order Establishing Guardianship
|5. Parent Permission (if necessary):|
For children passport application, both parents should appear before the Acceptance Agent or providing the following:
- Applying parent submits second parent's notarized Form DS-3053. Satement of consent, or other notarized written statement
consenting to passport issuance for child or
- Applying parent submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply, such as one of the following:
- Child's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only applying parent
- Report of birth abroad (FS-240) or certification fo birth abroad (DS13-50) listing only one parent
- Court order granting sole custody
- Adoption decree( listing only the applying parent)
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent's travel with the child
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent
- Death certificate of non-applying parent
|6. Proof of Parent's Identity:|
Copy of applying parent's driver's license issued more than six months ago (Not temporary or learner's license).
|7. Proof of Departure:|
Provide one of the following:
- Travel itinerary or
- Travel ticket from an airline or travel agency.
|8. Letter of Authorization:|
Click here to download and complete the Authorization Letter. This letter gives BCV the authority to submit child's application and pick
up the new passport on your behalf. (Please make one extra copy)
|9.Total Cost (A + B ):
A. Government Fee: Make one check of $140.00 and payable to U.S. Department of State
- Write applicant's full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
- All personal checks must show a printed address.
- Temporary or starter check is not acceptable.
B. BCV Service Fee : make your check or money order payable to BCV. Credit Card is acceptable with 3% surcharge.